ibook ram trouble

Reaction score
hey all, I know this is a common problem, but I recently installed some new ram in my Ibook g4 14" 1.42 ghz comp and it's not being recognized. The ram is the following crucial model
Newegg.com - Crucial 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Laptop Memory Model CT12864X335 - Laptop Memory

most of the reviews say it worked with macs and i did considerable research prior to purchase to make sure it would work. I have looked at installation guides online and they all seem to pertain to older ibooks with the airport card above the ram shield and a pop-out ram module. my ibook has nothing above the ram shield and the ram seems to be part of the motherboard. Any advice/directions or does anyone know where i can find a guide for my model of ibook? thanks a ton

OP
F
Reaction score
hey clay, thanks for the reply but as it says in my post, the old ram is essentially part of the computer--non removeable. the ram i bought fits all the specs that the ram suggested by the crucial scanner has, and in multiple reviews people have said that it works with ibooks. so why not mine is the question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Sorry I assumed the system scanner would have picked up un the fact that your system couldn't be upgraded. In hind sight that was silly.

OP
F
Reaction score
so a new development. last night i was using my computer with the ram chip in it but not recognized, and all of a sudden it shut down and would not restart. I removed the RAM chip and now it works fine. I assume this is hard proof that the RAM chip is incorrect for my system and now i need to get a different one. yes? thanks for the help clay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.