Replacing Macbook Body

Reaction score
My Macbook has recently fallen down some stairs, and needless to say the body is very warped and dented. However it stills works perfectly fine without any issues. Though the frame did warp and cover up the optical drive. I have the repair manuals and the tools to fix the Macbook. I'm just not sure if the bottom case for the A1181 Macbook White will fit with my Macbook MB403. Help would be much appreciated.

The same applies to the housing for the LCD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can check for the correct parts on the ifixit site. Go here.

Regards.

Reaction score
My Macbook has recently fallen down some stairs, and needless to say the body is very warped and dented. However it stills works perfectly fine without any issues. Though the frame did warp and cover up the optical drive. I have the repair manuals and the tools to fix the Macbook. I'm just not sure if the bottom case for the A1181 Macbook White will fit with my Macbook MB403. Help would be much appreciated.

The same applies to the housing for the LCD.

If I recall correctly, there are like a million tiny little screws holding everything together on the white Macbook. 1/2 (500,000?) of them hold the keyboard to the case.
Unless your repair manual documents the number and location of the screws, you might want to buy the case parts and take it to a repair shop and let them fit the part for you. They'll should charge about 2 hours shop time to R&R the case.

OP
B
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, there are like a million tiny little screws holding everything together on the white Macbook. 1/2 (500,000?) of them hold the keyboard to the case.
Unless your repair manual documents the number and location of the screws, you might want to buy the case parts and take it to a repair shop and let them fit the part for you. They'll should charge about 2 hours shop time to R&R the case.

I have the repair documents from Apple for this specific model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.