Blog ? in iWeb 09

Reaction score
Does anyone know off hand if there can be a comments section added under a blog template in iWeb fairly easily? Is it just a matter of finding a free comments HTML template on the web and adding? Most blogs I know of give you this capability right off the bat, but unfortunately I don't think the iWeb template does

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac (both with Snow Leopard)
You have to go to the RSS tab (seriously I don't know how to find it, but when you inserty a link, in the same box there is an RSS tab) and enable comments. No problem.

Reaction score
I know how irritating it is when you post a question in some software you've chosen, and people respond with "bad choice, bro" but I'm going to do it anyway.

I'd like to encourage you deeply to seek other options for your blog. iWeb is not a scalable solution, and should you ever decide to move your blog anywhere else, well... you can't, not really.

If you use Wordpress or something (and there are some GREAT Wordpress themes out there), you can post from your comp, from your iPhone, and you know that down the line you have options in terms of exporting to other legitimate blog environments.

Trust me. If you make anything of your website, you'll end up redoing everything you're doing in iWeb in a real solution at some point, and it will be a real pain. If you really can't bring yourself to use something other than a desktop app, at least try Rapidweaver. It's like iWeb only much, much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac (both with Snow Leopard)
I've used blogger, wordpress, you name it. And I moved my blog to iWeb. Much nicer interface, no frustrating CSS (I'm simply not good at it). But I have no need to move my blog anywhere. And I didn't use the wordpress (or other) software, I don't have the skills to install that stuff. I was quite happy with blogger but just thought it was cool to integrate the blog with my website.
I guess it depends on your own requirements, skills, and personal taste.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.