MAC OS & Windows 7; on MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF
Hi,

I am a newbie to MAC.

I just got my first MAC, after having spend frustrated time on few window based laptops especially my last one!

I hear that the Windows 7 is the most functional, and user-friendly OS that Microsoft brought out.

In that case, since supposedly MAC Systems are able to use two different OS. I want to hear, what your experience has been so far using Windows 7 on a MAC with your MAC OS!(major positive/negative points, functionality, security, user-friendliness, and any other things to consider).

I want to part my private & work section into two, by using a MAC with two differing operating systems, as some things dont work well on MAC OS i.e. Yahoo IM etc!

Which IM do you use on your MAC OS?(other than ichat)

Also, how will it be if I use my MAC and want to transfer through the MAC OS stuff into an other Windows based laptop/MAC OS laptop(bluetooth)?

Does the new apple mouse work well with both OS's?

Am I able to use, two OS's at the same time on the MAC?

(I have checked, most appropriate forums for these topics. I just need differing real user views to, better understand my options)!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.