Disk Util Issue

Reaction score
Hi guys, in a bit of a pickle and would like some help.

Have 40+ i-Macs which we have just upgraded to snow leopard, the problem i have is trying to resize the HDD via send unix command in ARD 3.3 or physically at the mac's.

This wasn't an issue with 10.5, we would simply use disk util to resize volume creating a secondary ms-dos partition so we could deploy a windows image using an application called winclone. We now get error....Volume format does not support resizing.

Like i mentioned this worked a treat with 10.5, but fails on 10.6, have checked the man page associated with disk util and you can resize the volume non destructively but it just doesn't seem to want to play.....

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Have found a solution but i'm now more confused than before....i enabled journalling on the drive. Restarted the mac and now i can resize the volume etc without any issues. I also noticed that bootcamp wouldn't run until journalling was switched on.

:Confused: :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.