iPhoto folder

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Whenever I try to find my photos in iPhoto, I have to look it up by the name of the photo in the search instead of going under Pictures > iPhoto > Originals. Instead of iPhoto being a folder where my pictures are stored, it looks like this:

Screenshot2009-10-26at124648AM.png

It's kind of a hassle when I'm trying to upload pictures and I'm having to look up each photo individually by name. Is there any way to make that into a folder?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you change the view to *icon view* top left hand button then it will give you a lil thumbnail of every picture you have. Then if your running SL then the slider on the bottom right will bring the view to what ever size you want.

If its a movie and its big enuf you can even watch it in the icon view.

Hope this is what you are wanting

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Don't go into the iPhoto library in finder!!! You are asking for trouble! And, if you are using the "original" photo, you are not using the most recently edited version.

The right way to upload is to go into iPhoto app, select the photo(s) you want to upload and either drag them to your desktop, or use the export function (this will give you options as to size, etc.) to export to your desktop and then upload from there. No risk to your library at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The right way to upload is to go into iPhoto app, select the photo(s) you want to upload and either drag them to your desktop, or use the export function (this will give you options as to size, etc.) to export to your desktop and then upload from there. No risk to your library at all.

Or, use one of the many free plugins that will allow you to upload from iPhoto to your photo site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.