macbook + fios + westell router + iomega nas hd - HELP!!

Reaction score
hello all-

i've lurked for years here but it wasn't until now i actually couldn't find the answer to my question. so here's my problem. i have:

- verizon fios broadband service via
- (verizon supplied) westell ultraline series 3 9100em wireless router
- 13" (white) macbook

trying to add:

- iomega home media network hard drive

so i hooked the hd to the router via ethernet cable and installed the iomega home storage manager software. the software manager doesn't recognize the hard drive. i've rescanned the network multiple times and it hasn't popped up. interesting thing is in the router management console i can see the hard drive under network status. it's the first device listed. the hard drive also shows up in bonjour but when i double click on it nothing happens.

could someone give me a clue as to what i'm doing wrong? why won't the drive mount? thanks in advance for any replies.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It should work. (famous last words) The only thing I can think of is - make sure the iOmega drive is being assigned an IP address. My FIOS system here at home is still using the ActionTech series wireless router so I'm not sure where in your Westell router you would look for that. Possibly under the WLan menu or Advanced.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.