Mac Pro Graphics Card out issue

Reaction score
I have a Mac Pro that I just recently installed another Radeon X1900 into. The computer previously had one, and I installed another on the 4th slot. The computer is an older one, I believe it was the first of the Mac Pro, whatever year that was. It has 2 dual core 2.66 ghz processors.

I am trying to run 4 monitors out of it for a live production. the original graphics card works fine; I have a monitor hooked up to it and am sending another signal out of it using the dvi-component adaptor. The computer is seeing the other graphics card, but when try to send the signal out to another tv monitor (component-bnc-to tv,) it is getting a terrible signal and won't play. It's not black, it's just a lot of interference.

I installed the second card into slot 4, hoping that it would maximize the x8. Is this the reason why it isn't sending out the right signal? The PCI express slot for slot 1 is set at x16 and slot for is at x8. Has anyone else tried installing a second card into this Mac Pro? Had any issues running it out to anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.