leopard

Reaction score
Just bought leopard for our power mac G4. Before downloading will I have to backup my files,bookmarks and emails (addresses) or will that carry over? not very proficient with that if it's necessary.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'ay and welcome to the forums.

First up Leopard is OS X.5, and OS X.4 is Tiger. Leopard will only install on a G4 with am 867MHz processor or faster. Assuming Leopard is correct, pop the DVD in the drive, reboot and hold down 'C' immediately after the chimes.

You can then use either the Upgrade option or Archive and Install. Note if you do a clean install everything on your hard drive will be wiped. Personally like Archive and Install. If your hard drive is large enough, this will install Leopard and leave a folder entitled 'Previous System' or similar on the desktop with all your files in it.

Just drag them out and place where you wish. Some applications, especially larger ones such as MS Office, may require a clean install. This explains things a liuttle more fully:"-

Installing Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

OP
F
Reaction score
leopard install

I stand corrected. Yes leopard is 10.5.
Your installing instructions helped greatly.
thanks and I'll let you know how it works out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.