intel gma x3100

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any firmware upgrades for the graphics in my white macbook?

I have just put Half-Life 2 on bootcamp to see if it would work and it does but its quite bad so far, now im not really expecting it to work but just wanted to see if there is anything that can be done?

Thanks

Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, but it probably will not get a whole lot better with a firmware upgrade.

You can try, but with integrated graphicscards...I don't know.

For 3D games like HL 2 you need discrete graphics.

good luck;)

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks thats what i thought, oh well im having a lot of fun playing through hl1 and all the add ons!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The 9400m might be able to handle it a bit better, but the intel GMAs were just terrible.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually, the GMA X3100 is not a bad integrated chipset. With the proper Windows drivers from Intel it works fairly well on most low level games and graphics. I've got no complaint with mine but then again, I'm not a gamer.

Anyone with this chipset should get on the Intel web site and download the latest Win drivers. There are no firmware updates available.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I was playing WoW on it with minimal graphics settings and would still freeze up really hard just trying to run through Stormwind. 9400m is almost max settings and handles very well.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks very much, i downloaded the latest win drivers and its now playing pretty good for me, i think the drivers that i had were from 2007!

thanks for the help

Reaction score
Haha, then the drivers you had on it were probably older than the machine itself... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.