The new mouse a good buy?

Reaction score
The new mouse is awesome! My local Best Buy had them, and so did my local Apple Store. I love how it looks.

Reaction score
The mouse looked cool, until I saw this thread. :p

I guess when I buy an iMac, I'll buy a wireless three-button mouse (since I'll be doing 3D work and video editing), and NOT the Magic Mouse. It sounds like a pain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
It's not at all a waste of money. Is fuel for your car a waste of money?

It would be for me because I'm not a car owner! :)

My point is, if you need it and it has the functions you are looking for then no, it's not at all a waste of money. If you go out simpy to buy it becuase its new, then get home and find out its not what you need or were looking for then I guess that would be a waste of money.

As for bluetooth, I have some issues from time to time you need to realize that problems may always pop up but generally bluetooth is a great form of connectivity.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).

My point is, if you need it and it has the functions you are looking for then no, it's not at all a waste of money. If you go out simpy to buy it becuase its new, then get home and find out its not what you need or were looking for then I guess that would be a waste of money.

As for bluetooth, I have some issues from time to time you need to realize that problems may always pop up but generally bluetooth is a great form of connectivity.

;)

Yeah, I'm sticking with my previous post. For 70 dollars, it has to at least have a docking station to charge the batteries and button for expose. I don't expect it to record actions or have on the fly dpi changing like this one does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think a docking station would have been a really nice touch, rechargeable batterys would have been a huge seller for me.

I'm happy with it for now, it does have a really really nice feel to it.

I am just having to get used to using F6 for expose.. its, a little annoying but I'm learning..

It's still FAR better then using windows hehe ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I am at the Apple store right now trying out the new iMac and the new mouse. Love the look of the iMac. Super fast too.

THe mouse isn't visually appealing to me, personally. Not only that but it is a bit heavy. I think a trackpad in the shape of a mouse would have been an even cooler idea. For instance, it'd be nice if you could do the 2-finger resize pinch action with this mouse. Or scrolling with finger touch. But it has limited touch functions. Not that I expected a full trackpad in this mouse, but it'd be great if it was that way. It wouldn't matter how heavy it was if you could scroll with fingers instead of having to move the darn thing. Whatever.
Maybe with the next one....

What I meant by "scrolling" is moving the cursor anywhere on the monitor. Not just moving up or down within a window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think now that Apple have the technology they can improve it.. Cats out of the bag now so I'm sure there will be improvments to come :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Thats a bit of a nudder of a question !!!! And cant see the similarity to "is the mouse a waste of money".

I own a car and even though it is essential for my vehicle to operate, IMO fuel is a waste of money. Especially the prices theses days. ...... :) :)

As for the question ...... Im still deciding on it being a waste of money. $99AUD is the price here down under and yesterday had the chance to quickly
check it out. I found it looks amazing and sleek. But I found using it a tad uncomfortable.
a) Because of its small stature, height wise i am meaning, with my big hands found it difficult to hold onto and use the 2 finger swipe or the one finger swipe. As with the current mouse im using it has BODY and a joy to grip .....
b) The fluid motion of it is great, until after about 10 minutes of continuos use i found my hand getting a little bit sweaty. And this is where i found it even more difficult to use, because every time i swiped left or right the mouse wanted to grab and moved with my fingers.

So the jury is still out for me.

Apart from that i like the functionality of it and the bluetooth connection seemed flawless at this point in time.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
$70 for a mouse is a total ripoff.

Reaction score
I don't feel ripped off at all, it's new technology. It's fun I think it's worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
i got it, and it's a pretty good mouse. The weight is nice. They accounted for the weight of the batteries. I imagine if you'd like it lighter, than you could put in some lithium batteries in, and it'd reduce the weight significantly.

It works almost the same on VMware except the swipe for back and forward. I'd really love it if it had a 3rd button option to use for panning on programs such as CAD and 3d rendering software that i use on the windows side.

I'm wondering right now since it's a multi touch, if it could get better in time, with updates. The pinch would be wonderful. And a 3 finger swipe to activate expose' or show desktop.

The mouse would be 5/5 if it had a "button 3" like the mighty mouse did.

right now. It's just like a super model. She's good to look at, but worthless in the kitchen. So, 4/5 stars from me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would love it to minic a trackpad in the way of taping to select things, double clicking etc..

This way the 'right click' could be used as expose..

I think I'll be going back to my mighty mouse because I miss expose.. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
It looks good to me and i've read reviews on the apple website and they are mostly positive. I really want to get this mouse because I have a mighty mouse that is constantly having trackball problems. Plus I hate going third party because it just does not feel right I want something that was meant for my computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ Intel Quad-Core i7 iPhone 5 16GB, iPad 3 16GB
Plus I betcha that apple will add more updates with updates to that wireless mouse software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I would love it to minic a trackpad in the way of taping to select things, double clicking etc..

This way the 'right click' could be used as expose..

I think I'll be going back to my mighty mouse because I miss expose.. :(

What about setting up expose as a hot corner. I have a third party mouse ATM and use my hotcorner for expose. Unless you have them set as something else already.....

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
What about setting up expose as a hot corner. I have a third party mouse ATM and use my hotcorner for expose. Unless you have them set as something else already.....

Cheers

that's what i do. Even when i had the mighty mouse. It was too hard to squeeze so i just used a hot corner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Cheers

Thats a great idea - I dont know why I didnt think of it! ;)

I'll be heading straight home to change my expose settings!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late-2008 MacBook Air with SSD.
FedEx just dropped off my magic mouse. Like some others have said in different threads, there seem to be a slight lag when scrolling up/down - but I assume I'll get used to it.

All in all, seems fine for now. I don't believe it's a "must" but I wanted a mouse to use with my Air.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.