Left 4 Dead Problems

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I’ve a problem with Left 4 Dead (Cider (!), not Crossover, not Bootcamp) and i couldnt find the any solution elsewhere.

The startup works fine, everything perfect, menus are fluent, but when loading for singleplayer(havent tried multiplayer yet) is done, the gaming screen appears, but the framerate is very very slow (about 3 (!) fps).
i put all the settings on the lowest (see picture), including resolution.
With "Multicore Rendering" and "Paged Pool Memory Available" i tried everything. i also tried putting mat_queue_mode 0 (also: mat_queue_mode 1 and mat_queue_mode 2) in the console,...not better.

It seems to affect the whole mac, for when playing in a window and im switching between spaces, it also takes longer.

on my macbook pro,

15.4”
Prozessor: 2.16GHz (T7400) Intel Core 2 Duo
Grafik: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 128MB
RAM: 3GB DDR2 SO-DIMM SDRAM
Festplatte: 120GB Serial ATA, 5400-rpm

other, more demanding games like crysis work (at least on the lowest settings) perfectly, also valve games on cider like Half Life 2 Episode 2.

Does anyone know a solution, or hints?
Would be great!!!

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Looks like Boot Camp is the go. Have a look at this link:-

Left 4 dead on mac? - Mac Forums

It does require the X1600 graphics display card so you shoukld be fine.

OP
E
Reaction score
hey, thanks.

but the problem is that my dvddrive (its warranty has expired btw.) cannot read the windows xp cd anymore. i bought an external drive, but i'm not able to boot with the cd running on the external drive.

therefore i'm not able to run windows on my computer anymore.

thanks anyways.

maybe other solutions?

eugen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.