My 24" imac wall mounted!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" 2.66ghz 4GB ram 640GB HD, Powermac G4, Powerbook G3.
Hi all, I asked for advice regarding putting my imac on the wall & as i have finished doing it today i thought i would put a couple of pics up to say thanks for the help, If anyone needs any tips doing it don't hesitate to ask. The bracket i chose gives plenty of movement but also goes flush to the wall & with a wireless keyboard & mouse it's great!.

I have a few cosmetic bit's to do to tidy the cable up etc so please forgive me!.

Cheers

Geoff

DSCN5760.JPG

DSCN5762.JPG

DSCN5768.JPG

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Pretty neat!...I think that you are the first person I have heard of mounting their iMac in this way!

Thanks for sharing, and nice pics!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
why is it at the dinning table?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its in the dining room as i didn't have room for it anywhere else & and it also doubles as a tv & music player for that room, Also i can use the dining table as a desk & at meal times the mac is pushed flush to the wall out of the way, This was the only solution for my situation (and it's out the way of little sticky fingers!).;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Nice!

One thing I like about my current monitor and didn't like about the iMac is that I have my monitor on an articulating arm and really enjoy that freedom of movement. Seeing this gives me encouragement that I can have the best of both worlds! How much goes the 27" iMac weigh?? Most articulating arms can't hold more than 15-20lbs.

Reaction score
Nice!

One thing I like about my current monitor and didn't like about the iMac is that I have my monitor on an articulating arm and really enjoy that freedom of movement. Seeing this gives me encouragement that I can have the best of both worlds! How much goes the 27" iMac weigh?? Most articulating arms can't hold more than 15-20lbs.

As far as I know, the 27" weighs more than 30 lbs. My cousin just got one and mounted his up in his office. He had to get a heavy duty TV mount for his. The 27" looks GREAT mounted though. If I get an iMac ever, it's going to be mounted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
That was a nice job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 3.06Ghz intel dual core, 4GB ram, 500GB hard drive with 500GB backup drive
that's nice....good job.

once i get a imac, i would love to do that. Do you have a step by step tut you could message with pics? thing im wondering hte most is how it connects from the arm to the imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Very nice! Never seen anyone do this sort of thing before! Shame I can't afford an iMac! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Thats pretty nice, I have a 27" but I also have it on a big glass desk.. It's very tempting though..

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi everyone and thanks for your kind remarks, Having used the imac for a couple of days now where it is on the wall we love it! each of us has a favourite way of viewing the screen so it's nice to be able to move it around, As for the bracket it's not the prettiest but it was the strongest with the most adjustment i could get for the money https://www.wallmountbrackets.co.uk/ it holds 23KG & the mac is 11.5KG, I used Rigifix M6 anchor fixings as i have dot & dab walls (plaster then a gap then brick) & it's still up!, Taking the stand off is easy but hitting the catch with the access card is a test of patience!, DO NOT use the the tools that come with the vesa kit as they will strip the torx screws use a Good screwdriver (even go & buy one!) screw the flange on where the stand used to be then screw the vesa mount on attach your wall mount & put it on the wall!, I have a pdf of the Apple vesa mount instructions & the Rigifix if anyone wants them.

Cheers:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 3.06Ghz intel dual core, 4GB ram, 500GB hard drive with 500GB backup drive
i would like that pdf please and thank you.

Reaction score
I have a question, where exactly can you find a heavy duty TV mount for a 27" iMac? Seeing as it weighs quite a bit...

Reaction score
nice

thanks for the post, Geoff - you have precisely the same issues with me and rubbish plaster walls - how was the fixing done? Did you have to drill right through to the brick?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Tom, I used Rigifix fixings, Drill thru plaster into brick behind (use a 12mm masonary bit to a depth of 100mm, Drill smaller guide holes first!), These fixings allow for a 20mm ish gap between plaster & brickwork (see attached pdf) and all the load is on the brickwork & not the plaster, I think they are excellent & my 24" imac is still up! & we have the cantilever arm on full extension most of the time then it gets pushed flush to the wall when not in use (which is not very often as i just bought call of duty 4!).

Hope this helps

Geoff

View attachment rigifix.pdf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.