Screensaver / Display Sleep won't work in Bootcamp / Windows 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro ver. 3.1, 2.4 GHz, 4GB, 320GB 7200 RPM, OS X 10.6, Win 7
Not sure exactly where to ask this one, but here seemed most appropriate. I thought to ask my question on a PC forum, but this main issue is specific to my MBP only. I have two other IBM compatibles working just fine in this regard, so again, I felt this was a more suitable forum to seek help.

I've successfully installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my MBP and aside from a couple minor issues all seems well. The most aggravating dilemma I am trying to sort out is, as the thread title indicates, neither the screensaver or display sleep mode will activate. I have tried every option I can think of along with many others that I gathered from several Google searches, all to no avail thus far.

I will try and list everything I've tried so far....

• removed all usb devices, mouse / keyboard
  • disabled all network device Wake On Lan options in the device manager
  • disabled all unnecessary software under the start up tab in msconfig
  • went through all the power settings to eliminate anything I could find that would wake the system
  • Under command prompt I entered "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" and all that is listed is the keyboards and mice

Not sure what else to check. Prior to Windows 7, Vista Home Premium 32 bit worked just fine, and again I have the same OS working like a charm on two other IBM system here at home so I have to assume it is a bootcamp / MBP and Windows 7 conflict I am overlooking.

A couple other minor issues that are present, though less annoying, are the touchpad / scroll feature doesn't work, and there is an exclamation mark next to iSight feature listed under Other devices, yet under Image Devices iSight is listed as working properly. Both of these latter two issues I have read that others too are dealing with but not the screensaver / display sleep issue, at least not to the extent that I am anyway.

Any insight towards resolving this screensaver / display sleep issue would be greatly appreciated. I use my MBP beside my bed and it serves as my alarm clock as well. Therefore at the very least I need to resolve the display sleep option..Oh, and yes I have disable the alarm clock software as well to eliminate that as the culprit too.

Looking forward to any and all replies

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro ver. 3.1, 2.4 GHz, 4GB, 320GB 7200 RPM, OS X 10.6, Win 7
No ideas on this one? I still can't seem to sort it out :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No ideas on this one? I still can't seem to sort it out :(

I combined my answers to you. Included the reply to this one in the other thread that you replied to. Sorry if this has caused any confusion.

Regards.

Reaction score
In which thread did you reply?

My temporary workaround is to activate the Visualizer on iTunes, acting as a screen saver.

Kind regards,
Alex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.