Flash browser plugin on MAC

M

mogwai

Hi

Is anyone here not satisfied with viewing flash sites on mac?
i have problems especially with flash sites which have high F/P seconds
we develop flash sites with quite a high fps on pc and never had problems before

On my mac at home flash sites are sluggish and slow, i've tried most browsers safari, firefox, opera, ie. All have the same problem

I suspect the plugin was never properly optimized to get the full benefit of Mac processors

do you experience the same problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have never had any problems with flash sites on my Macs. I use Safari almost exclusively and I have no complaints.

OP
M

mogwai

What Mac do you use?, i use a quicksilver powermac g4 733mhz, but i heard of users complaining of similar problems even with the latest g5s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
All the Macs I use daily are listed by my avatar. The main machine I use is my eMac. All of my Macs are running OS 10.3.9 with the exception of one PowerBook still running 10.2.8.

OP
M

mogwai

the problem happens when a flash site has a fps of say 20+
with sites that use standard 12fps sites look good and don't stall
the thing is that lately everyone is developing sites with high fps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
i agree flash is cr@p on Macs

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have something to ask you. Do you use Firefox? Firefox does not handle flash content all that well. I can barely view flash content with my iBook using Firefox, but Safari handles flash content great on my iBook. But on my iMac G5, flash content runs really smooth in Firefox.

OP
D

design2

man thats strange.

i have an ibook g4 and use firefox and i have problems viewing heavy flash sites including my own , and i use 30frame rate.

OP
M

mogwai

I use firefox almost exclusively. I also noticed that if for example you have a browser window with a flash site in it and you minimize it in the dock, the whole system slows down. using apps like photoshop becomes unbearable. ever noticed that? or maybe it happens only with firefox, haven tried it wit other browsers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.