Rollback to Leopard

Reaction score
I'm giving serious thought to going back to Leopard because of video and VPN problems that seem to have no solution. What is involved in rolling back using Time Machine? How do I go about it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll need to boot the machine with your Leopard install DVD and erase the drive. Then proceed with a clean install of Leopard. It will ask you if you wish to restore your backup. At that prompt, point it to your Time Machine backup you made of Leopard. Once Leopard is reinstalled, go to software update and obtain all its updates.

Word of caution: Make sure you have a valid Time Machine backup of your Leopard system before attempting the rollback. And, I strongly advise you to make a backup of Snow Leopard before proceeding. You might think about using cloning software to make the backup - such as SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.