adsl router to adsl router over telephone line

Reaction score
Hi friends i'm trying to make some arrangement to make my two adsl routers work over a telephone line
generally in adsl router you plug in a telephone line set it up and you can use internet
What i want is one end of telephone line is in modem A and the other end is in modem B and i want to create network over simple telephone line

It will be something like PC A <--> Modem A<-->Telephone line<-->Modem B<-->PC B

i don't know how to do it but i know how to make modem work and change it's settings accordingly

Thanks for your help in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
As far as I know you can't "network" over phone lines. You would need to connect both PCs to one modem if you want to create a local network (or one pc to the modem, and one pc to the other pc).

The only other option is creating a VPN: Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which can use the internet to simulate a local network.

OP
P
Reaction score
router to router

i'm trying to use it over actual telephone line as we have no charges for local calls i can call my buddy and after some tweaking we can use existing telephone line to create network between two of us

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
You would need a router capable of wireless internet or a string Ethernet chords throughout your home. Internet service is provided by AT&T (comcast would have to run cabling through your house). You can also use a LAN network by way of an ethernet hub, in which case an internet connection is not needed.

OP
P
Reaction score
You would need a router capable of wireless internet or a string Ethernet chords throughout your home. Internet service is provided by AT&T (comcast would have to run cabling through your house). You can also use a LAN network by way of an ethernet hub, in which case an internet connection is not needed.

my point is to use existing telephone line setup created by telephone company to use to create lan type of envirnment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Yes, but you need a router connected through the phone from your phone company which will also give you internet.

OP
P
Reaction score
yes but that again will not be unlimited as we have fixed usage lines
plus in ultimate plan you can't get enough bandwidth

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.