Airport Extreme Base Station and Dial-up?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it is even possible to get wireless in my home using dial-up? I am planning on buying the new white Macbook. I found the older airport extreme M8799LL on Amazon(with modem), but I am not sure if this would allow me to move around the house without being hooked to a phone cord.

If it is possible, will it work with the latest Macbook and how do I set it up?

I live in a rural area with poor cell service and satellite with a contract isn't an option, since we will be moving within a few months.

Thanks for your help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
For those that might find their way here- originally, i had Saucer shaped Extreme with Dr Bott aerial which was discernible at 34 metres - 112 feet - in adjacent building (line of sight thru windows) but had to use second Saucer shaped extreme inside the building to extend to get decent usage. Currently have square Extreme (not Dual Band - no aerial) which provides use into building without needing a second unit at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.