2G iPod touch does strange things

Reaction score
Well today I'm listening to music, while I'm in my house. And then suddenly the music skips a little in the middle of the song as if the processor were busy, though nothing is going on except the music. I held the power button down and then the home button until the power slider disappeared (that is supposed to quit any applications or something, right?). Upon further inspection, the iPod loses my home network connection randomly, though everything else connected to the network wirelessly still has a signal. Is it possible that the iPod may be overheating or the wifi antenna is going bad? I have the iPod in a plastic case.

By the way, does anyone know about any sort of malware/virus/worm etc. (something along those lines) for the iPhone OS? I read about a certain worm that was spreading in the iPhone, but nothing about the iPod touch. (And by the way, I don't visit naughty websites on my iPod touch).

The iPod touch is running iPhone OS version 3.1.2

It's a bit of a nag here, as the iPod will lose the signal while I'm viewing YouTube videos or browsing the App Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15 2.2 i7 4GB 750GB
My iPod will sometimes stop downloading clips from YouTube even though I have full WiFi bars. I don't know the answer to your question but I thought I'd post that. Also, this is the wrong section for iPod questions :p

OP
C
Reaction score
My iPod will sometimes stop downloading clips from YouTube even though I have full WiFi bars. I don't know the answer to your question but I thought I'd post that. Also, this is the wrong section for iPod questions :p

Whoops.

It hasn't acted up again, though it does it on occasion. Here's another nag; when I turn the device off and then turn it on, the original shuffle order changes, so whatever song I already heard before I turned off the device, I will hear again, and if I go back in the tracks, the order changed. The shuffle feature doesn't turn off though. It used to be where if I turned the device completely off and then turned it on later, I'd have to restart the music list again (basically the playback was wiped, requiring me to start playing music again, rather than playing wherever song I left off from).

Also, for no apparent reason, the shuffle feature shuts off randomly after the iPod has been in my pocket for close to 6 hours in sleep mode. Weird.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.