• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

regent street london apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
hi

i made my first visit to the regent street store ( all the way from sunny scotland ) on 11/04 and can report that it was well worth the trip.

on a city break to london i made straight for mac heaven, and enjoyed
great customer service, superb presentations on garageband and ipod/itunes and iphoto. the presenter that did garageband was a brilliant musician who just plugged his guitar into the mac, and off he went, it was awesome, they also let you try out any mac that you can get your hands
on. needless to say i left london a few £'s lighter, but it was well worth it and would recommend a visit to any mac fan or any potential switchers out there.

kind regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
id be half tempted if i didnt hate london.

Needless to say though i reckon i will drop in next time i go there when im working

C

Cloudane

Aye, it's an excellent spot. I paid the obligatory visit whilst I was down south a few months back. Quote from my blog:

Our main destination in Regent Street: the one and only Apple store in the UK! It was surprisingly large and busy, or perhaps not so surprising considering how much popularity Apple are gaining all of a sudden. Saw a lot of nice products and did a lot of drooling (30″ cinema displays, mmmmm). Saw a lot of price tags and had a lot of near heart attacks! As you’d expect from Apple, it’s a really neat and clean looking shop. Even the carrier bags look like they’re worth a fortune. It was pretty marvellous to see so much expensive equipment in one place… even the demonstration stock (row after row of Powerbooks, G5s, iMacs, eMacs, Cinema Displays, iPods on each demo machine…) was probably worth a couple of million, never mind the boxed stock on the shelves..

I think the cheapest thing I saw was a packet of iPod socks… that’s literally about 6 tiny little socks… for £19.99! Proving that although with Apple you do often pay for quality (like this Powerbook I’m typing on, I think it was worth the money and wouldn’t swap it for the world) - sometimes they’re just taking the **** :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Personally I found it was so heaving with people that I couldn't get attention from any of the staff, and it took about 15 minutes to pay. I must have gone at the wrong time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.