Mac stuck at wierd screen

Reaction score
Hello, my mac has been actin wierd lately and I haven't found any other people with this problem.

My problem is that when I turn on my mac, it boots up like normal, however after the blue screen it goes to another screen which is like the white apple screen, however the spiner isn't spinning and there is an image of the mouse in the top left, I can move the mouse around.

Thanks, Mettra.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

After you boot hold down the Option key and see if you are offered the HDD with OS X beside it. If so select and proceed. If not reset the PMU. If you give model details can direct you to the Apple link for your model.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did that, and the same thing happened.

Im not stuck at the apple screen itself, once the apple screen is done loading, and after the blue screen it looks like this:
blargt.png

I took this using Logmein and print screen, but on my mac I can move my mouse around, but that mouse seems like just an image (Also the spinning bar doesn't spin)

OP
M
Reaction score
Seing my problem is somewhat unique, should I take it to an apple store or just re-OS it if I can't find the solution.

OP
M
Reaction score
More info: All of the keys beep, with the exeption of Shift, fn. cntrl, option and Command. All volume and lighting control works, however the dashboard does not.

Seems to me that the Dock, and Finder failed to open, however it IS on the local network.

Hope it helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Wow, that's odd. Yea, it couldn't hurt to schedule an appointment to take her in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Your description "image of the mouse" had me scratching my head. The screen shot shows a cursor up there.

If you're comfortable reinstalling the OS, give that a shot. If it doesn't help, then go to The Store. ...unless you live within walking distance.

OP
M
Reaction score
no, the cursor you see in the image doesn't move. Since I took it with Logmein, my mouse doesn't show (I have no idea why) When I took the picture, the mouse was in the middle of the apple logo.

Its very confusing if you cant move the mouse, il try to get a movie or something :p

Reaction score
Same problem

Hello,
I have a 13' white 2G MB 2006 model bought new in 2007. Panther to Leopard upgrade last June. current 10.5.8
I had a totally similar problem last week. The apple, the spinning, boot up screen: blue/white mouse and little white box showing up. There are two Apple Store gurus at work thank God. They told me to put in the original install disc holding C down, then use the repairs utility. I was very dubious b/c I had tried everything else. This got me up and running. I have a current time machine back up. However, I do need to copy my hard drive, reinstall Leopard, then reload my files using "migration" in the utilities folder so that the transfer does not bring back the problem.

good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.