Having a little Palm trouble

E

Ex_PC_Puke

Quick facts -- I have a brand new Mini and a Palm Tungsten E

Following the instructions provided earlier at :http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=151053

I've loaded the latest Palm SW for the Mac off of the Palm web site AND my palm does sync nicely to the Palm Desktop

Next I down loaded iSync 1.2 from the apple site and ran thru the install of that ---- then I did a restart just because I'm an ex-PC user :dummy:

Problem --- it says go into Hot Sync manager (in the applications folder) start it up and choose HotSync > Counduit Settings.....

There are no such settings or options displayed wehn I open HotSync Manager

To be honest --- this is the second time around for me -- I installed the Palm stuff from my Tungsten CD last nite - sync'd the Palm ok - down loaded iSync ---- same problem --- I then spent the morning blowing away all traces of Palm SW and iSync ------ and I'm back at square one

Does iSync need to be loaded FIRST so that the Palm SW finds it ??????

Aghh ^^^&%(*&(&

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mod Notes: Fixed Thread Title

I haven't used my palm in a while but I remember it took me a while to figure the whole syncing with iSync thing

Reaction score
PC_Puke said:
Problem --- it says go into Hot Sync manager (in the applications folder) start it up and choose HotSync > Counduit Settings.....

There are no such settings or options displayed wehn I open HotSync Manager

When you open the Hot Sync Manager, up in the Menu bar it says Hot Sync, click on that menu and 'Conduit Settings' should be in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Well - I'm getting close - thanks to your help I know have iSync turned on via the Palm SyncManager - but how do I control / setup iSync ??

I can't seem to find an iSync app to launch ---- now last night on my first unsuccessful/ignorant go around -- when I down loaded iSync (from where I forget) I actually had a iSync icon in the aplication folder(which I later blew away) --- when I search the HD for "isync" all I get are some .plist files and .pkg files ----- I tried to reintstall the 1.5v and got a warning I had a newer copy already installed --- so it thinks I''ve got something installed

Do I need to reload again ...... I'm getting dizzy

Hope this isn't screwing up the system ---- on XP I'd feel like I need a reload or something

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

On the flip side --- I've been able to get Splash ID and SplashPhoto downloaded onto the mini -- and got all my ID data sync'd from the palm to the mac desktop version of SplashID

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Delete all files with isync in the name and try reinstalling. The plist files are the preference lists so when you try to install and it sees those it thinks there is an app linked to it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.