coping file to windows machine

Reaction score
Ok I have a Patriot 64gb key that normally lets me copy to and from my macbook but I am trying to copy a .img from iDVD that I created to it and it will not let me.

Reaction score
What size is the image? If your thumbdrive is fat32 formatted then you won't be able to to copy any file larger than 4gB to it (on windows or Mac).

You could reformat the thumbdrive to NTFS (allows over 4gB files) - but then you can't write to it from a Mac natively/officially...... although ntfs write from Mac to a drive is not officially supported, it is possible - easiest to use the small utility ntfsmounter at
NTFS Mounter

Make sure you properly 'eject' the ntfs drive from your windows pc every time, and it works.... but be aware it can cause issues.

ps if you're only ever going to use the thumbdrive with Macs then i imagine you can format the drive to the Mac file system.... i have never done this - still new to Macs....!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.