Is it possible to get a 2nd replacement?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post and I'm more than glad to become part of this discussion board.

Last year, I have purchased the early 2008 macbook pro, stock version. I also purchased Applecare on it of course. Unfortunately, I had to send it out to apple many times due to different failures such as trackpad, uneven lid, and no sound on one speaker. I went through so much with my very first mac... One day I called apple for a replacement and they were more than generous to exchange it for the new umbp, late 2008, 2.4ghz stock version. The next day I went to pick up my new notebook. One of the genius techs told me that I have an option of adding a newer applecare protection. For me, that wasn't an option, since I already have purchased an extended warranty for my notebook.

Now, after 5 months of using my new umbp, im getting through many problems. First problem was with the bezel; there seems to be a bunch of crack lines. I have no idea how those cracks got there. Second, when I'm typing, I hear a cracking sound around the chassis. I tried to ignore the noise, but it kept distracting me so I called apple for a repair. Gladly enough, Apple sent me a box for the repair. As soon as I got my mac back from repair, it came worse. I began to hear creaking sounds throughout the right side of the chassis. In addition to that, the cracking noise sounds worse than the first time. I called apple again and asked them for another repair. What im wondering is, is it possible that I can get a 2nd replacement? Such as a newer umbp if I'm still going through problems with my second (replaced) macbook pro?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sorry, but we don't know. The forum is not affiliated with Apple. Any answer here would be pure speculation. Would suggest when you call Apple, ask them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.