MSN problem

Reaction score
Hey dudes

Im writing here, because i have a problem with messenger for mac. I have had that problem for months, so its not someting that just goes away after some time. I have used Adium since that, but i like the other one much better.

Here goes. When i log on, no one is online on my list, and it doesnt matter if its in the morning or in primetime. After a couple of minutes, my MSN just logs off.

So as you can hear, its not very nice. Anyone who can help? :D

Reaction score
Just a question, is MSN logging you out if you are using MSN (actively clicking on links?) or does it log you out after a couple of minutes of inactivity?

OP
M
Reaction score
Just a question, is MSN logging you out if you are using MSN (actively clicking on links?) or does it log you out after a couple of minutes of inactivity?

No matter what i do, it logs me out after a couple of minutes :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
What version of Adium are you using, as well as your OS version. Have you tried troubleshooting this problem over at the adium bug forums?

OP
M
Reaction score
Its not the adium thats the problem, its my Messenger for Mac. I'm using Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
So, with that in mind, anyone who have an idea? I know it sounds very strange, i cant find out what i have done wrong, so it started doing that...

Reaction score
Not sure either. Perhaps you would like to try other clients to see if it is MSN's issue or your Mac's? I personally recommend Adium as being the best chat client out there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, i'm using Adium at the moment, and its working great. So it must be the Messenger for Mac, cause my acount works fine with Adium.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have MSN installed but never really use it very much. Just use Adium for the little I use MSN Network. I have heard a lot of complaints about the OSX version of messenger and crashes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.