I cant unblock contacts on my msn messenger for mac

Reaction score
Hey guys

I blocked a few contacts on my msn, and usually i click on 'unblock'...but since this morning, it wont unblock those contacts....why is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Strange.. I had that problem last night.. Seems to be working fine now though. Could've been an issue on their end perhaps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st Gen Macbook 13.3" - White + 1st Gen iPod Nano - White
been having the same issue since yesterday.
I don't know what's wrong. I thought I was the only one...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried restarting msn?

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as of yesterday! I've been trying to find a way to contact someone who can help me troubleshoot... please let me know if you were able to unblock your contacts and how.
Since this happened my word, and excel docs keep closing unexpectedly! Something's going on!

Reaction score
i've also been having the same issue!!! jeez mac messenger is screwed up first my alerts don't appear when a contact comes online now it won't let me unblock people? did the last update downgrade or something?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I'm having the same problem here (Belgium) since the day before yesterday. I blocked 2 people and when I wanted to unblock them, it was'nt possible anymore!! I've tried several times to uninstall and reinstall messenger but they just won't unblock!!
I have VMware to run Windows XP on my macbook and when I try to log on to msn there, the people aren't blocked, how crazy is that!!

If anyone has a solution for this "unblock" problem, please let us know, thx :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Have you tried unblocking them through Adium or aMSN and seeing if that does it?

Reaction score
wow ok i think i found the solution....simply clear your account history! I did so and all the contacts I had unblocked (but still appeared blocked) were now appearing as they should!

So basically if you want to block someone you won't be able to unblock them again until you sign out, clear account history and sign back in.

Hope this helps you guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow ok i think i found the solution....simply clear your account history! I did so and all the contacts I had unblocked (but still appeared blocked) were now appearing as they should!

So basically if you want to block someone you won't be able to unblock them again until you sign out, clear account history and sign back in.

Hope this helps you guys!

thank goodness, that worked.
thankyou! :)

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but where can I clear the account history?
I can clear the message history, but this (ofcourse) doesn't help *** :p

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but I'm not seeing any option to clear the account history...could someone possibly talk me through it? Pretend like you're talking to the technologically challenged...in fact...no need to pretend!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.