Scheduled Tasks?

Reaction score
Ill tell you want im trying to do.

I have cool app that gives me free online storage called Dropbox. It simply puts a folder in your home directory, called Dropbox. Anything placed in the Dropbox folder is backed up online. Then if my mac goes down, i still have my important docs backed up without buying a backup hard drive. It is also useful when I forget my memory stick for college, I can just sign in on the dropbox website, and my files are there. Any changes are automatically updated to my dropbox folder, when I next turn on my mac.

What I am wanting to do is, on boot-up or shutdown, is have my mac automatically copy my Documents folder into my dropbox folder and over-write everything in there. This was possible in Windows 98, (my last m$-os) and in Ubuntu (what I had in-between win98 and getting my mac) because they had a scheduled tasks feature or program.

Is it possible in os x?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I don't have a solution.... but I question your trust in online storage, esp since you mention that these are important docs!
Not knocking you, just curious :/

OP
roadbloc
Reaction score
I don't have a solution.... but I question your trust in online storage, esp since you mention that these are important docs!
Not knocking you, just curious :/

do you know microsoft's live skydrive thing that you get when you get when you get a new hotmail account? its like that, but it actually works and is much more easier to use. Its secure... as in you require a password and its got 128 bit encryption. If anyone REALLY wants to hack in to get a load of my demo projects and bands early before i manage to get a record deal... feel free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.