Iphone 3GS - Battery Life

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Good morning!..I am a new member and joined this forum recently since i have switched my phone from a Nokia 6300 to Iphone 3GS (16GB). I should say that this forum is really impressive, coz i was watching/reading this to get a feel for the place.....I am writing to enquire if anybody can advise me on my new I Phone 3GS. I am on O2 network in Dublin, Ireland.
It’s a month old phone and i can see that i have to charge my phone almost every 30 hours or so.....i am giving the statistics of the phone for your reference....
Settings:
Wi-Fi – Off
3G – Off, Working on Edge
Fetch – Off
Brightness – Auto
Lifetime - 2 Hrs and 33 Minutes
Current time – 2 hrs and 33 minutes
Cellular Data – 1.7 MB send and 2.3 MB received.
Usage – Normally i get about 33 minutes to 35 minutes maximum before next recharge.
I am really puzzled, is this quite normal with Iphone 3GS....please advise....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.
I have the exact phone. My battery life was really bad in the beginning too. I just let it completely die a few times in a row now I can go maybe 3-4 days on stand by and get around 4-5 hours talk time along with ipod and internet usage thrown in

maybe it will help if you let it die a few times.

Shawn

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, i might try to do this....to let the battery drain dead a couple of times before i go for recharge...regards

Reaction score
And of course welcome to the forum, unnisuchi.
It is fun to be here, once you get to know us guys.;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.