Cannot download 10mb App even with Wifi On

Reaction score
hi all,

i need to download an app that's more than the 10mb limit, but i keep getting the "Connect to a Wi-Fi network or use iTunes on your computer" message despite being connected to a Wi-Fi network. i can't use itunes right now because my laptop was just stolen. any ideas?

thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No way around it until you are certain you're on a WiFi network, there's no way to force the download..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
hi all,

i need to download an app that's more than the 10mb limit, but i keep getting the "Connect to a Wi-Fi network or use iTunes on your computer" message despite being connected to a Wi-Fi network. i can't use itunes right now because my laptop was just stolen. any ideas?

thanks!

Are you connected to a home network?

Some hotspots etc don't allow sizable downloads.

An an aside, sorry you've had you're laptop stolen........ time to get that iTunes password changed (amongst all your other ones)

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks, mrplow. Yes, I was using my home network. I even tried putting the iPhone in airplane mode and turning on WiFi, but the WiFi wouldn't connect.

Raz0rEdge, is there a way to be certain that I'm on WiFi?

Reaction score
iphone_dead.gif

If you see this icon, you're on wifi, otherwise you see a " ˚ " or "3G"

Reaction score
That makes this very strange, because if you see these three arcs, you are in fact connected.

Is the network secure or not, don't make the mistake typing the hex key in the password field, cause it has it's own box.
Reset your wireless router or modem...maybe?

OP
E
Reaction score
ya, it's secure and i put in my password, but whatever i did it still gave me the "10mb" popup...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.