Bell Sympatico won't connect my Macbook or IPod to internet

Reaction score
Bell Sympatico won't connect my Macbook or IPod to internet wirelessly- Please help!

Hi everyone! I truly would appreciate any help I receive here regarding my wireless connection - or lack thereof! I have posted this in 3 different sections of this website, unsure of where it might actually belong; forgive me for the reposts if this is not allowed!

I bought a Macbook Pro and Ipod Touch 2nd gen and for some reason my Sympatico connection isn't letting it connect to the internet wirelessly. When I try connecting my ipod it says I've entered an incorrect password even though I have checked it over and over. And when I try connecting my macbook it states "connection timeout"? I've called Bell they are no help at all... the problem still exists.

I've tried resetting, rebooting and reconnecting my modem (Speedstream 6520).

It seems to work for 10 minutes then disconnects from my home network completely. It seems that when I am not able to connect wirelessly, the 'ethernet' light is also off on my modem, even though it is plugged in on both ends securely.

Also, my Macbook is the only laptop that can't connect, all other laptops in my home do so seamlessly.

Please help me diagnose and fix this problem! Thank you everyone! x0x0

OP
P
Reaction score
Bell Sympatico won't connect my Macbook or IPod to internet wirelessly- Please help!

Hi everyone! I truly would appreciate any help I receive here regarding my wireless connection - or lack thereof! I have posted this in 3 different sections of this website, unsure of where it might actually belong; forgive me for the reposts if this is not allowed!

I bought a Macbook Pro and Ipod Touch 2nd gen and for some reason my Sympatico connection isn't letting it connect to the internet wirelessly. When I try connecting my ipod it says I've entered an incorrect password even though I have checked it over and over. And when I try connecting my macbook it states "connection timeout"? I've called Bell they are no help at all... the problem still exists.

I've tried resetting, rebooting and reconnecting my modem (Speedstream 6520).

It seems to work for 10 minutes then disconnects from my home network completely. It seems that when I am not able to connect wirelessly, the 'ethernet' light is also off on my modem, even though it is plugged in on both ends securely.

Also, my Macbook is the only laptop that can't connect, all other laptops in my home do so seamlessly.

Please help me diagnose and fix this problem! Thank you everyone! x0x0

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.