2 questions about my iWeb 09' website

Reaction score
First question is, is it possible to have "hidden" pages? Meaning pages that can be navigated to by hitting certain buttons but don't show up on the Home/Welcome page? The reason I ask is my site is growing more and more and I want to keep it looking clean, and not have 20 page names at the top of the Home/Welcome page. Is this possible?

Secondly how difficult would it be to add a simple message/bullentin board in iWeb 09?

Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Off hand idea...

Create a new 'Site' with the new pages, link to that from your button. You have to know where to link to of course. In the destination folder of your main site, create a subfolder where you update your second site. Based on that create a relative or exact link to where that would be from the internet.

I'm not sure how to link back.

For the bulletin board, I think you have to install one of the common ones out there to your site and create a link from you iWeb page.

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks x-step

if i went that route though, would I need to register a new site/domain? or could it be a non visible or active site with just the pages viewable when clicked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
You can hide your current page from the navbar in Inspector.

As for the message board, does your server have MySQL and PHP? If so, download some free forum software (I like SMF).

If not, you can use a free forum host (Free SMF Hosting - Free SMF Forum hosting - SMFNEW.COM). The former is a better choice though, because you get more control and no ads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
if i went that route though, would I need to register a new site/domain? or could it be a non visible or active site with just the pages viewable when clicked?

I was referring to what iWeb counts as a site. Try File-->New Site to see what I meant. Anyway, I don't think it matters now...

I think Unibody found your solution. Select the page of concern, open the inspector to the first icon, page inspector, de-select 'Include page in navigation menu'. Then you just have to create a button/link from another page to that one.

Reaction score
Actually, for the page list up at the top, in the Inspector window>Page uncheck the 'Display Navigation Info' Box...

just needed to clarify that one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, the request was to reduce the navigation bar content, not eliminate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.