don't understand this syncing issue

V

Volt

I use Safari on both my iMac and my iPhone, I keep a matching list of Favorites on both, When syncing it usually keeps them the same.

A few days ago I added a favorite on my iMac, it was just a forum thread that I wanted to keep there temporarily. I synced my iPhone and that favorite was added to it, but I didn't want it there so I deleted it off the iPhone.

Again tonight I synced my iPhone and I remembered that temp Favorite was there so I went into Safari to delete it and it was not there. Surprised, I checked Safari on my iMac and it wasn't there either!

Why did it delete itself off of the iMac after I synced today?

Thanks!

Reaction score
you might want to check your sync settings. if you delete something off of the iPhone, the next time you sync it will delete from your imac so i matches the iphone.

i have mine set to notify of changes so i can prevent that from happening

OP
V

Volt

The only setting I see is to Sync Safari Bookmarks, I have the option enabled.

Why did the first sync make the favorites match the iMac, but then the second make the favorites match the iPhone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.