new macbook pro 13 inch fan

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is normal for the fan on my new macbook pro to come on when i am playing a fps called combat arms in windows xp via book camp. would it help if i propped up the computer or bought a stand?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
It is completely normal for the fan to come on, it simply means that the cooling system in the MBP is working as it should. 3D games are taxing on the hardware, which causes them to heat up. The fans circulate cool air over the components to cool them. I would be concerned if they didn't come on.

OP
I
Reaction score
thank you so much for the quick reply. would it be a good idea to but a book or something under the macbook or purchase a stand to get better air circulation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
thank you so much for the quick reply. would it be a good idea to but a book or something under the macbook or purchase a stand to get better air circulation?
It is not needed to use a stand.
If you buy the stand, the fans will still kick in if you are playing a game.

Just play it on a desk, not on a blanket or a bed and you will be good!

By the way, the fans are always on, but they kick up to a very high RPM to prevent overheating.

Do not worry about anything melting inside, because that will not happen due to the fans and the fail safe.

Have fun gaming on your MBP. =D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.