Ipod Touch Won’t Turn On

Reaction score
Ipod Touch Won’t Turn On (Nevermind I fixed it)

Hey guys! Like the title says my Ipod Touch won’t turn on. It’s an 8gig 2nd generation model. Well it turns on but it only shows the Apple logo then it turns off. I tried pressing the home and power button but it does the same thing. Itunes isn’t even recognizing it. I don’t think it’s the charger because when I plug it in it turns on, and then shuts off lol

Anyway if any of you guys have an idea how to fix this I’m all ears.

EDIT: It's fine now I got it working.

Reaction score
Try restoring it...here's how...

-Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
-Power off the device (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off.
-Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the USB to iPhone, the device should then power on.

Note: If you see the message "Charging... Please Wait" , let the device charge for at least 10 minutes to ensure the battery has some charge and then start with step 2 again.
-Continue holding the Home button while iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
-When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button andiTuneswill display the recovery mode message:

If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then disconnect the USB cable from iPhone and repeat steps 3-6.

Of course whatever you did to tweak you're iPhone will revert to factory settings, including jailbreak etc.

Edit: ok... crossposts all the way....

Reaction score
Hey guys! Like the title says my Ipod Touch won’t turn on. It’s an 8gig 2nd generation model. Well it turns on but it only shows the Apple logo then it turns off. I tried pressing the home and power button but it does the same thing. Itunes isn’t even recognizing it. I don’t think it’s the charger because when I plug it in it turns on, and then shuts off lol

Anyway if any of you guys have an idea how to fix this I’m all ears.

EDIT: It's fine now I got it working.

hey mines is doing the same thing how did you fix yours??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.