Is there are free, simple app for itunes playlist mixing

Reaction score
Hi, just as the title says. I need a very simple application that'll just create a seamless blend in between songs on my itunes playlist?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Err, shuffle? Mark the tracks for gapless playback and you're away.
If you need to play in a specific order you'll need to add them to the playlist in the order you need and then just play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Yes there is.

It is called shuffle.

Incase you do not know how to get to it, look at the bottom left of your iTunes, there will be 4 little buttons.

The one 3 over from the right (2 over from the left) is the one you want to click.

If that is not what you are looking for, there is also Genius.

Genius makes playlists for you out of the songs in your library.

Reaction score
There are several apps and plugins made be freeware developers (****, even some firefox extensions) that will blend your playlist based on key, tempo, etc... but they work about as well as Genius (which is to say "not very well at all, Computers aren't very good DJs). Since Genius is already there (unless you need to update iTunes), use that. It's a pain in the ***, but so are the rest of them.

Otherwise, iTunes regular old shuffle feature actually does a lot of that for you (you can adjust it in the references menu), so you may just be better off using that. If you want a professional (DJ-quality) mix, you'll pretty much have to make it yourself ahead of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 5G 30GB iPod.
I would say just use iTunes & the genius to make your playlists, and then turn on the crossfader in your preferences. That's what I do when I'm hosting a party & don't really want to make a playlist beforehand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.