Need Help with iLife 04 install!

S

sonofapplepm

Need Help with iLife 04 install! Please ignore!

I just recieved my used powerbook which had fresh clean boot of OSX.3.
It came with iLife 04 install dvd an cd. I have tried to install with the dvd on three different macs with no success! The installer keeps giving me the message " This cannot be installed on this computer. One of the following applications are open. The applications are iDvd, iPhoto, iMovie, and iTunes all of which are not running or open. I am stumped, Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

P.S. I tried installing this on a Powerbook 17" 1.33ghz, a iMac 800mhz, and a iBook G3 900mhz. All have a combo drive or superdrive. It hasn't worked on any of them!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I would try to restart the computer first.

OP
S

sonofapplepm

Tried that, thanks. I've also repaired permissions and used disk utility to check the DVD. I hate to ask for help, so I usually try everything I can think of first. I know there are plenty of GURU'S here, I think you are one of them! I'm still stumped.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might want to want to check out the "Activity Monitor" in the Utilities Folder, see if anything those apps are running without your knowledge. I would also try to quit out of any third party apps running in the background. Just quit out of all the apps running in the dock, menu bar, and then start ending some processes in the Activity Monitor. Start quitting out of third party apps relating to those apps, like for example third party iTunes apps, if you got any.

Edit: You could also try using Pacifist and install one app at a time until you get to one you can't install. Then just report back, and we'll take it for there.

Pacifist:
http://www.charlessoft.com/

OP
S

sonofapplepm

I went to Apple support and it recomended trying to install each one individually. It seems to be working! Thanks iWhat, you were right on track!
Rep points coming your way!

Thanks again,
Josh

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
D

d-funct

I had the exact same problem ... I ended up fixing it by disabling itunes helper and synergy on startup ....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.