Looking for the best value in a MacBook (preowned) for $700-$800

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz/512mb.....MacBook Air 13" i5/4GB/128GB SSD
While I would absolutely LOVE to have a new MacBook Pro 13", my finances dictate I be a little more frugal. I'm not too keen on white so I think I've narrowed it down to a black Macbook but it seems there are a few different models and specs that wildly affect the price. My question is this: is it possible to find a very nice cosmetically black MacBook with the Core2 Duo processor (2.2GHZ or more, right?) with 2GB of Ram for $700-$800? As long as it has Leopard installed I'll be fine as I can install MS Office and Snow Leopard when I get it. I'm not terribly concerned about the size of the onboard HD as I have a large external drive for storing files. While I know Ebay is the devil and it is hit or miss as far as finding a diamond in the rough, I'd like to ask anyone with experience in this particular model to share some insight as far as what to look for and steer clear of. Thanks!

Reaction score
I recently bought a unibody 2.4ghz macbook for $800 on ebay minus 8% bing cash back. Pretty good deal for an under $750 macbook. The only thing "wrong" with it is the battery has about 100 cycles on it, and doesn't hold much more than a 3.5 hour charge. I can live with that. Keep looking on eBay and you can find a great deal, you just have to be patient and careful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.