extracting serial number from leagally owned Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro single Nehalem, 12 GB
I have a legally purchased copy of Adobe Photoshop on my older iMac. While it was fine with the smaller images from my older camera, it has a hard time handling the large imagines my newer camera generates. So I've purchased a Mac Pro. But the email that provided the serial number when I purchased Photoshop has disappeared.

How can I detect the valid serial number in the installed copy, so I can activate a copy o the new machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Adobe will help - if he has the original receipt/proof of purchase. :( I'd search hard for that email.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If Adobe had helped when I talked to them, I wouldn't be here

Adobe is no help.

That email was on a file system that got destroyed by a Seagate 1GB drive failure, and the part I need wasn't available elsewhere.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
How about using Migration assistant to move the program to your new Mac? When installing the new version, it would then "find" the installed version I would bet.

I just tried this - start up Photoshop and hit CMD-Shift-3 as the startup screen has your number at the bottom. Plus the serial number is visible in the Help>System Info from within Photoshop.

T

todd51

How about using Migration assistant to move the program to your new Mac? When installing the new version, it would then "find" the installed version I would bet.

I just tried this - start up Photoshop and hit CMD-Shift-3 as the startup screen has your number at the bottom. Plus the serial number is visible in the Help>System Info from within Photoshop.

Chilbear is right. MA should transfer the application for you just fine. I used MA for one of my relatives and was able to open up her copy of MS Office just fine, didn't ask me for the product key again.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you .. Stsrem -> Info works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.