My display fades and brightens randomly

Reaction score
I've had the macbook pro for about a month and noticed how the screen can fade or lighten ever so slightly. does it with both ac power and battery power. is this normal, or has anyone else seen this happen?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
O boy, that sucks for you,
sounds very very much like a lose wire,
since there is only 1 cable running to the screen, but considering it is within 2 months time, you'll have warrenty, so simply go back where you bought it.
It is repearable though, but I wouldn't recomend it.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Actually, there is nothing wrong with your MBP. The screen fades and brightens slightly to adjust to the ambient light. If someone walks by you and a shadow is cast on the MBP the screen may dim because when the room is darker, the display gets darker to help your eyes. The lighter the room, the brighter the screen. If you don't like it adjusting itself, you could just hit the brighten (F2) key and it will stay where you put it. I'm not sure how long it stays there as I've never really tested, but I would assume until the display goes to sleep or the screen saver goes on. Then you would have to use the key again to set it. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5
Sorry, there is a way for you to disable the ambient light adjustment feature. System preferences > Displays > under the "display" tab, uncheck the "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes". Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.