What kind dof memory?

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade memory on a 2.4Ghz 2GB ram Macbook pro, any suggestions I am looking at the mushkin or a crucial.
I've heard that there have been random sleep mode functions with certain types of rams and I have read that the mushkin one doesn't do that, does any body know anything about the crucial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 2GB
Google is your friend.

I don't know what model your computer is, but here is website to help you out.
apple-history.com

And anyone else reading this, Google and search the forum before you make a post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.66ghz 4GB Ram
Its just a question, he chose to come here to the forum instead of going to google. Most people would have enough common sense not to use google these days. I suggest going with a well known memory brand that has a good customer body such as PNY or Kingston. Just make sure all of your ram is of the same brand and everything should be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
You can check specs here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 2GB
Its just a question, he chose to come here to the forum instead of going to google. Most people would have enough common sense not to use google these days. I suggest going with a well known memory brand that has a good customer body such as PNY or Kingston. Just make sure all of your ram is of the same brand and everything should be fine.

Umm... You can mix brands all you want, as long as the RAM is the correct size and clock speed.

I have a 2GB Corsair stick and the standard 1GB stick of Apple RAM in the other slot, and it works great. It makes zero difference if the brands are different....

The website I posted in my earlier posts shows the specs of every computer Apple has made, including the type of RAM your Mac uses according to it's model number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Generally speaking, you are correct. However, it's highly recommended that you have the same brand because not all memory chips on the RAM sticks themselves are made by the same company. One company could be using Hynix whereas another could be using Samsung. Hence the reason it's recommended you use the same brand is because that way you can minimize any conflicts that may arise from using different types of chips, even if they are of identical specs.

coehlers, as long as you buy a reputable brand, such as Corsair, Kingston, G.Skill, etc with the exact specs you need, then you'll have no problems. Crucial.com is highly valued here at Mac-Forums because of how simple the website makes it to buy memory upgrades.

OP
C
Reaction score
Google is your friend.

I don't know what model your computer is, but here is website to help you out.
apple-history.com

And anyone else reading this, Google and search the forum before you make a post.

How is google going to tell me what people from mac forums think about the companies I posted on? Given the fact that I posted on 2 companies should have given you the insight that I have looked into it and those were the companies in question.

I simply asked a personal preference qestion, and in the time it took you to tell me how to use google you could have typed, "crucial, mushkin, or another company," and moved on to another thread.

Kash said:
coehlers, as long as you buy a reputable brand, such as Corsair, Kingston, G.Skill, etc with the exact specs you need, then you'll have no problems. Crucial.com is highly valued here at Mac-Forums because of how simple the website makes it to buy memory upgrades.

Kash, thank you for information about crucial. I think that is what I am going to go with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I also recommend Other World Computing - very reputable and I've purchased several parts and RAM from them :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2 2GB
How is google going to tell me what people from mac forums think about the companies I posted on? Given the fact that I posted on 2 companies should have given you the insight that I have looked into it and those were the companies in question.

I simply asked a personal preference qestion, and in the time it took you to tell me how to use google you could have typed, "crucial, mushkin, or another company," and moved on to another thread.

Because in the time it took you to post this, someone to read it, and for me to respond, you could have just typed in, "top RAM brands" on google and had your answer in seconds. And the website I posted about would have told you the size and the speed your computer takes, saving you a couple hours............

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.