So i'm officially ticked off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bought a top end MacBook Pro not more than 6 months ago. Cost me a mint. Now with the new announcements, they've dropped the price on all the computers across the board. So I paid over 1k more for a slower laptop...

I coulda gotten more CPU power, more ram, more hard drive space and no glossy display...and woulda paid 1k less. :Angry:

On top of this, snow leopard and my current MBP and my tablet drawing programs don't get on too well...

Extremely not happy Jan.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Such is life with technology. The second you buy something, something better comes out.

You just have to come to terms with this fact and realize that the machine you bought still serves those needs you bought it for initially and will continue to do so long after an updated model is released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Can't expect Apple to stop producing computers for good prices just because you bought one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I can understand your anger if you had just bought it like a few days or even a few weeks ago. But you bought it SIX MONTHS ago. Did you think that was the end of the line? That Apple was never going to put out a new laptop ever?

Take your melodramatic anger somewhere else. :Not-Amused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm really ticked off at Ford! I bought my Mustang in 1998 and look at all the nice stuff they've done to Mustangs since then. It just isn't fair. Whine, whine. ;D

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yea, since working for a company that distributes Apple, I'm totally under the impression that Apple will never release another laptop just to appease me.....

I hope that when something similar happens to you that you to receive very little or no sympathy whatsoever. Thank you for your pleasant input.

Ah cars and computers. Good comparison!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, since working for a company that distributes Apple, I'm totally under the impression that Apple will never release another laptop just to appease me.....

I hope that when something similar happens to you that you to receive very little or no sympathy whatsoever. Thank you for your pleasant input.

Unfortunately, I don't think Dr. Phil is a member here. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
I can understand your anger if you had just bought it like a few days or even a few weeks ago. But you bought it SIX MONTHS ago. Did you think that was the end of the line? That Apple was never going to put out a new laptop ever?

Take your melodramatic anger somewhere else. :Not-Amused:

I'm really ticked off at Ford! I bought my Mustang in 1998 and look at all the nice stuff they've done to Mustangs since then. It just isn't fair. Whine, whine. ;D

Regards.

Unfortunately, I don't think Dr. Phil is a member here. ;)

Oh, really? Thank you master of the obvious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Ha! That makes it even worse! You should be able to predict trends better than most people. Your attitude is just spectacular. I would love to see what you're like in person, if only for the hilarity that would ensue when you're slighted in the most meaningless way. :p

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And, we're done here...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When I purchased my AMD64 Bit Laptop 4 years ago, I paid $1000. Just 3-4 months later at the same store I saw the same laptop with the same specs for $799. Was I angry? No because when something is brand new it prices are high and eventually come down with time. I needed that machine right then so I paid the price. It still performs the same so I am very happy. Nothing changed.

Sure I wish I paid $700 instead of $1000 but hey, that is the world of computers! Things change almost daily! :D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
roflol

The funny part of it is that there was no price drop on the MacBook Pro today.

There was also no change in the hardware configuration of the MacBook Pro today.

It is today the same price that it has been since the current model was introduced -

back in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.