Macbook 13 inch not charging.

Reaction score
Hello, bought a new macbook in January 2009. It was working fine until about 10 days ago. I have noticed that it will not charge. The battery was at 66% but would not charge when plugged in. When I moved the cursor over the battery meter is showed 66% an said it was running off of the wall charger or AC power, somthing like that and that the battery was not charging. I followed the directions on some forums on resetting the logic board or something of the like by removing the battery and holdong down the power button for 10 seconds. No luck with that. I let the battery drain completely until the macbook shut completely off. Now it will not power up even with the power adapter. I can't figure out what the problem is. The little green power light on the plug that hooks to the computer is very very dimly lit. So dim that you can only see it if you cover it from room light. I tried pulling the battery out and just using the power adapter and still nothing.

Does anyone have any idea on what the problem might be and has anyone ever excperienced the same problem. Thanks for any help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like your input power board or the Magsafe charger power unit may be defective. Since the machine is still covered by warranty, make an appointment with your local Apple store to have it looked at.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.