How to merge pdfs in Preview with Snow Leopard

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and have been having a problem merging pdfs using Preview. Prior to upgrading I followed Apple's tutorial, e.g., I opened one Preview window for one set of pdfs and opened another Preview window with another pdf that I wanted to merge with the set of pdfs. Then I dragged the pdf that I wanted to merge from the sidebar of one of the Preview windows to the sidebar of the other Preview window. I then saved the newly merged pdfs in the Preview window that I moved the pdfs into. Everything worked fine.
Since I have upgraded to Snow Leopard, when I follow that procedure and attempt to save the merged file the only option I have to save is "save as" (the "save" and "save all" options are greyed out!). Thus, when I chose save as and then save the file all that gets saved is whatever pdf that is highlighted in the sidebar. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Barry

Reaction score
Merging PDFs with Snow Leopard Using Preview

You've probably figured it out by now, but in case you haven't:

Open pdf you want to merge another pdf in to. Open the sidebar of the original pdf. Open the 2nd pdf and its sidebar. Drag the pages of the 2nd pdf that you want to merge onto the top page of the sidebar of the original pdf. Save the merged pdf.

If you want to merge all of the pages of the 2nd pdf, then drag the 2nd pdf file onto the first page of the sidebar of the pdf you are merging into.

Check this out on You Tube:

YouTube - Apple Tip #3 - Merging PDF Files in Snow Leopard

:)

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and have been having a problem merging pdfs using Preview. Prior to upgrading I followed Apple's tutorial, e.g., I opened one Preview window for one set of pdfs and opened another Preview window with another pdf that I wanted to merge with the set of pdfs. Then I dragged the pdf that I wanted to merge from the sidebar of one of the Preview windows to the sidebar of the other Preview window. I then saved the newly merged pdfs in the Preview window that I moved the pdfs into. Everything worked fine.
Since I have upgraded to Snow Leopard, when I follow that procedure and attempt to save the merged file the only option I have to save is "save as" (the "save" and "save all" options are greyed out!). Thus, when I chose save as and then save the file all that gets saved is whatever pdf that is highlighted in the sidebar. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Barry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.