What Is Your Text Messaging Solution?

Reaction score
I wasn't fortunate enough to get my iPhone when AT&T were giving out 200 free tm as part of the monthly service. My wife and I don't text a lot, but it would be nice to have that option. For my wife I added 200 messaged for $5 a month, but frankly I can't afford another $5 for my iPhone so I send text messages to her using [email protected] and she replies to me using my email address. This way she can use tm on her non-iPhone with her sister etc, and I can contact her that way without paying for additional service. How do you deal with text messaging if you don't want to pay $30 a month?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
E-Mail like you are using. Or dont txt at all and make a voice call. :)

OP
ArrowJ
Reaction score
Or dont txt at all and make a voice call. :)

Yeah, I'm not much of a texter anyway...other than chat and that's only with one friend for the most part, but I guess its feasible I would use it more if it wasn't so ridiculously priced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If the e-mail is working fine then use that. That is what I would do.

Also there may be apps in the App store that allow you to purchase "credits" to send text messages. You could use that and only purchase more credits when you need it. Kinda like prepaid text messaging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Either email or use a chat program such as AIM, which has push notification.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.