Yuppi I have bought a macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
Yes i am very happy. I bought a 2.66 macbook pro. It is amazing. I am now a member of mac family. However; I have a question. How can i understand whether my macbook pro is refurbished or brand new? Are there any way to understand?

T

todd51

Well if you bought it just through the regular Online store, then it's brand new. If it were refurbished, you would have had to go to the refurbished section of the online store.

If it comes in a nice clean new box, with pictures on it, then it's brand new. I'm pretty sure the refurbished ones are just shipped in regular brown boxes.

Reaction score
The new ones come in a very slick, suitcase styled box with color pictures of the MBP on it and a foam lined lid. When you open the box the MBP is on top and underneath, packaged in black, are the manual, backup discs, etc.

Refurbs come in a generic box. When you open the box the manual, backup discs, etc. are located on top in a white, rectangular box with the MBP residing underneath, secured by foam around the corners of the MBP.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Mid 2012
thanks for replies guys. I have another question. My macbook pro's operating system 10.5.7(leopard). And; I have snow leopard dvd. Are there big differences between snow leopard and leopard? To you; should I install snow leopard? I am newbie. I do not know how to format mac. Can you help me?

Reaction score
thanks for replies guys. I have another question. My macbook pro's operating system 10.5.7(leopard). And; I have snow leopard dvd. Are there big differences between snow leopard and leopard? To you; should I install snow leopard? I am newbie. I do not know how to format mac. Can you help me?
mine also came with Leopard pre installed, but I got a Snow Leopard DVD in the box, so I upgraded for the sheer sake of it. Its there why not take advantage of it? :)

T

todd51

I probably would just upgrade right away and be done with it. Just pop in the SL DVD and it will do everything for you. It's very straight-forward.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.