Switching from Panther to Tiger

Reaction score
I confess, I'm still using 10.3.9. I know it is completely ridiculous that I haven't updated my OS since '04, but let's just say I haven't had disposable income since then. Now, however, I'm finding myself further and further down a road to obscurity and need to make an update. I can't afford a whole new computer, but Tiger seems doable.

My questions are:
1. Do I need to do a full install of Tiger or can I do an upgrade from Panther?
2. I use a lot of Adobe software that my old job gave me, and I can't re-install any of it because they have the discs. Can my Adobe programs transfer to Tiger without re-installing?
3. I'm using a Second Generation G4 (with plenty of RAM), is Tiger going to even run remotely right on my machine?
4. Should I tell everyone who is even considering giving me a Christmas present to just make it cash so I can throw it all in on a new MacBook and Adobe CS4?

thanks,
athousandmillio

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Answers to questions:

1. There is an upgrade install disk available. You can no longer purchase Tiger install disks from the Apple Store. You either need to get them on e-Bay, Craig's List, call Apple customer service, etc.

2. Maybe, maybe not. You need to visit the Adobe website to see what the OS requirements are for the versions of the programs you have.

3. More than likely no problem.

4. YES YES YES YES!!!;)

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.