won't start up

Reaction score
hey everyone.

i'm having a problem with my macbook pro that i can't figure out.

it was turned off and now when i try to turn it back on it won't turn on. well actually it does turn on i can hear the gears moving inside and the light on the front comes on but it won't start up. it just stays on a black screen.

i dont' think its a problem with the screen because there's no start up sound or anything coming from the computer, it's like the computer will turn on but it won't start up.

i just bought a brand new battery so i don't think it has anything to do with that, but it might i guess.

does that make sense? I'm sorry i'm not really smart about this stuff (that's why i'm here) i'm not sure exactly how to phrase it.

can anyone help? please!

i'll happily answer anymore questions about it if this is confusing

thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Back out of everything that you have changed. Remove the new battery and put the old one back and see what happens. Any other hardware changes??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Great suggestions from "JohnCL"...I would also add, are you sure that you didn't accidentally turn the screen brightness all the way down?

Don't laugh...it does & has happened!;)

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
Great suggestions from "JohnCL"...I would also add, are you sure that you didn't accidentally turn the screen brightness all the way down?

Don't laugh...it does & has happened!;)

- Nick

believe me, that was the first thing i checked.

i also tried the old battery, same thing. no other hardware changes other than the battery.

any other suggestions?

thanks so much

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.