1 month old MacBook, now they update it?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Read my posts and you'll understand what you refer to as "qualities unbecoming 'old' members"

Reaction score
I love my macbook (I have the same one you got) but I wonder if you could purchase the battery for the new one and place it in the older one. I HATE the battery life on my macbook. I'm a student with no time to find a plug in class and the whole "your computer is on reserve power and will shut down soon" is really aggravating.

I've also heard that if you upgrade your macbook to 4 gigs of ram it will only use 3. This true? Hope not. If so woulda been nice for Apple to make this quite clear on the online store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope, the new Macbook has an integrated battery, so you can't simply purchase a newer one and stick it in an older Macbook.

As for the 3GB thing, it really depends on your particular model. Earlier models have 3GB limits, newer ones have 4GB limits.

Reaction score
cwa107 - The point now has been completely lost on almost everyone, unfortunately (which is funny in and of itself). Thanks for the advice, but those qualities are equally unbecoming of "old" members. Just FYI.

These members are here to help people like yourself, and FYI... I believe this thread went sour when you said
"Having worked in the retail music industry for a long time, we know about new products months before they actually become available, come on! The new products just don't show up at your store out of the blue and surprise everyone!"

I don't have to tell you that you're confusing two totally different industries here, not to mention different companies.

From past experiences I've learned that the regulars don't hold grudges, so no harm done....right?

OP
M
Reaction score
Sour? lol....I give up. No harm done at all. And I appreciate the helpful tips, that's for sure. Not confusing them at all though - they are more closely related these days than you might think, really. The world's a fast-changing place, much to our (my) chagrin.....too fast.

With that I will say good night and God bless to all. I am enjoying my Mac, latest version or not! What will they think of next??

Reaction score
Nope, the new Macbook has an integrated battery, so you can't simply purchase a newer one and stick it in an older Macbook.

As for the 3GB thing, it really depends on your particular model. Earlier models have 3GB limits, newer ones have 4GB limits.

What about the June 09 release of the Macbook 2.13 Ghz Model?

sry kinda turning this into a place for my answers....

I'd love to own one of those new iMacs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
As far as Apple's updates are concerned, I feel like people only get angry over them because Apple is the only company (legally) making computers running OS X and are therefore easier to follow in terms of hardware release. Not too many PC users follow the doings of their manufacturers as closely. That could be a generalization though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about the June 09 release of the Macbook 2.13 Ghz Model?

sry kinda turning this into a place for my answers....

I'd love to own one of those new iMacs!

The 2009 model most definitely supports 4GB of RAM

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
Hello - I have one of these 3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP's that came out after the WWDC expo this past June of 2009, and I'm perfectly very happy with my MBP - it'll be perfect for playing the latest PC adventure games on in the event I put Windows XP into it, it has a nice 500 GB hard drive, a memory card slot, a FireWire slot that's 800 MB/sec, 4 GB RAM, a 512 MB Nvidia video card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Get ready folks. Here we go again!

That salesman at the Apple store - wouldn't have had a clue as to when or what might be coming. You think anyone, much less Apple, would be able to keep their new product launches a secret if they let all the 19-25 yr old salesmen they've got in on it? Hah, fat chance.

Even if he did know, it would be a breach of confidential company information, as leaking information about product launches affects stock price, company revenue, and all sorts of other things and I'm sure Apple properly trains their employees on how to handle these types of situations. I.E. if you know, play dumb.

Reaction score
Sour? lol....I give up. No harm done at all. And I appreciate the helpful tips, that's for sure. Not confusing them at all though - they are more closely related these days than you might think, really. The world's a fast-changing place, much to our (my) chagrin.....too fast.

With that I will say good night and God bless to all. I am enjoying my Mac, latest version or not! What will they think of next??

More like what won't they think of next?

Reaction score
Even after you get the newest one, they're going to release a new mac in 6 months, which brings you back to the same situation. The good thing about macs is that they work pretty well way beyond their years. I have a 1st gen MBP and it still works like a champ. I use it for everything I do, so it's not a problem. It'd be nice to have the latest and greatest, but that feel would only last for a few months. Anyhow, I'm due for an upgrade :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.