MSN problems

Reaction score
(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place)
(And sorry if my English is wrong, I'm Dutch :Smirk: )

I use a mac for almost my whole life, and I always use msn.
Once in a while I download a newer version and everything was fine, but now I have a few problems with it and I don't know how to solve them or what is causing them.

1) Sometimes I can't see the display pictures of people. (If I use ebuddy or something I can see them, but when I go to mac msn I can't see them anymore)
2) Usually I got a message when somebody came online (A sound and a little blue box in the corner), but now it stopped so I have to check a lot if people are online or offline. I checked preferences and you can turn it on and off but at mine it is turned on and still it doesn't work.
3) At msn when you are talking to someone you have a box of favorite emoticons, usually it should be able to hold up 59 favorites but I have only 3 on and if I want to turn on more it say I already have 59 turned on.

Okay, this is it...
2 is the worst of them...

I never had any problems with it so it is weird that it is causing so much trouble now. :(

Reaction score
the only thing i can advise dude is to use a different msn client. the official one takes the complete mick with its lack of stability and features.

Try Adium.
Adium - Download

Or if you would like to use your webcam, use aMSN
aMSN - Opening your communication

Both are easy to use, stable with snow leopard and very customisable.

OP
luca_puuk
Reaction score
Okay Thanks ^_^

Also my dad did some changes with it and now the emoticons work again.
But problem 2 still is :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.