OSX Mail, too may inboxes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Hi, after using Gmail through a browser for the last few years, I decided recently to switch to using OSX's Mail app so I could manage my Gmail account, and also my website email account in one program.

After a bit of reading I decided to setup my Gmail using Imap, as keeping the online version and the local version synced makes perfect sense to me. However, after a lot of hassle trying to get my Gmail account setup, and waiting for days for it to download all my existing messages, I have a very annoying problem I can't seem to get my head around.

Now within Mail, although there is only 1 account for my Gmail, I have to seperately manage two inboxes for the same account. So when a new email arrives, it appears as 2 seperate versions, see below -

osxmailproblem.jpg

This gets very annoying to deal with, if a new email arrives that is spam, I get notified of this, rather than it just getting sent to the bin. I also have to open the same email twice for it to register as being read. My website email account works perfectly, no drama there, just seems to be Gmail & Imap.

So if anyone has encountered this problem when setting up an account in Mail or has any advice, please offer your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
I have the same exact issue. Does anyone here know how to fix this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.